[swift-evolution] Beyond Typewriter-Styled Code in Swift, Adoption of Symbols

John Pratt jprattx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:13:58 CDT 2017

Hi Chris: Please read the article that I originally posted and mailed to the Swift team
before shooting down what I said:

http://www.noctivagous.com/nct_graphics_symbols_prglngs_draft2-3-12.pdf

Alan Kay’s FONC project rewrote entire projects in far less code by
using symbols in the Maru and Nile programming languages.  Alan Kay, as you know,
is the father of Smalltalk.  Unicode symbols can be very powerful.