[swift-evolution] New async keyword usage

Jonathan Hull jhull at gbis.com
Fri Aug 25 16:48:21 CDT 2017

To prove (or potentially disprove) my assertion that this is not just sugar, how would you accomplish the following under the current proposal?

	let a = async longCalculationA()
	let b = async longCalculationB() //b doesn’t wait for a to complete before starting
	let c = async longCalculationC() //c doesn’t wait for a or b
	let result = await combineCalculations(a: a, b: b, c: c) //waits until a, b, and c are all available

(Note: this is using my version of async below which doesn’t use futures)

Thanks,
Jon