[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Improving KeyPath

Eagle Offshore eagleoffshore at mac.com
Fri Aug 25 15:30:38 CDT 2017

Reflection mechanisms in general would let one make things like Codable and Keypaths simply a library capability/protocol extension rather than the special case one trick pony it is now.

More than any other feature discussed, full access to meta data such as memory layouts is the thing I most miss from Objective C.

Given reflection/introspection, you can build KVC, Codable, and any number of other clever features yourself if you are so inclined.

Oh, and traits - want traits for composability.