[swift-evolution] [Concurrency] async/await + actors

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Fri Aug 18 02:08:35 CDT 2017

> On Aug 17, 2017, at 11:34 PM, Brent Royal-Gordon via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> * I haven't yet read the rest of the thread—this email is already long enough.

The detailed async/await proposal cleared up a few bits for me—in particular, I clearly misunderstood how closely coupled `await` was to the expression with asynchronous components—so please ignore these sections of my email:

> ## Delayed `await`
> ## Legacy interop
> ## Implementation

The "Future directions" section also answers the major question in "Dispatching back to the original queue"—you imagine it being done by the Objective-C importer—although my question about how it would be implemented remains. (I'm also not sure this is really just an Obj-C issue—queue confusion is a Swift problem, too—but that's a somewhat different point.)

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies