[swift-evolution] private extension

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Wed Aug 9 16:31:12 CDT 2017

Actually, I think this is this way only as a relic from the original private/fileprivate proposal. Swift 3’s private has no meaning as an extension modifier, so it was made to alias to fileprivate. But since SE-0169 modified private’s meaning so that it would make sense as an extension modifier, I think we should fix this.