[swift-evolution] Swift 5: start your engines

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Wed Aug 9 01:58:56 CDT 2017

The project would definitely be well-served by having more documentation, and hopefully we’ll see that grow both incrementally and in spurts.  Even writing tutorials, however, must be weighed against competing priorities — such as finishing the work for ABI stability.  My hope is we can find a balance of investment in helping more people in the community feel empowered to implement proposals in the compiler/standard library while not diluting focus from delivering ABI stability.