[swift-evolution] RFC: structuring forums for best use for swift-evolution

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Wed Aug 2 10:58:55 CDT 2017

> For Swift 4, the core team identified a set of priorities. Provided the same will be done for Swift 5, these are natural categories for the evolution part of the forum, to my mind.
We fully agree on this point.

> It should have the positive effect of encouraging discussion to be focused, and would allow even new participants to see in what ways they can contribute.
… but I'm actually not so sure about the benefit of focussing:
I've heard from several people that they want to participate in the discussions, but are repelled by the ML.
Don't understand me wrong, I think that is a big argument for the switch — but if it starts a second hype, we might be happy if each one of us concentrates on the areas he's interested in, instead of having hundreds of answers for the topic of the day ;-)