[swift-evolution] TrigonometricFloatingPoint/MathFloatingPoint protocol?

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Tue Aug 1 03:50:53 CDT 2017

On 1 August 2017 at 04:46, Taylor Swift via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> I’m not saying the Swift team should devote any time or resources to writing
> these things, but it’d be a huge benefit if someone were to say “okay we are
> commissioning a core library that does X, the code will live in Y Github
> repository, we’ve set up Z mailing list for this, and anyone who is willing
> to invest time in this is welcome to help make this a reality”. Then
> everyone with an interest in seeing these things get built would be able to
> coordinate.

That's what's happened with the Server APIs Project
https://swift.org/server-apis/

I would like to see more of this, and math/BigNum seems like a good candidate.

Another is a modern date/time package, standing on the shoulders of
https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=310 and similar.

--
Ian Partridge