[swift-evolution] [Pitch] New Version of Array Proposal

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sun Jul 30 12:11:24 CDT 2017

> And other people complained about that!
If I learned anything from Swift evolution, than it is that there are terrifying differences in the perception of things ;-)
— Some want to get rid of object orientation, others are fond of it
— Some want to enforce that "self." has always to be written out, others are asking for ways to skip it in closures
— Some don't want to use mailing lists, others don't want to move to a forum… ;-)

That's one reason why I became sceptical towards the whole evolution process:
Whatever direction Swift takes, it can't make everyone happy — but changing directions all the time imho is worse than a bunch of bad decisions