[swift-evolution] [RFC] Definitive Initialization and Incompatibilities with Fixed-size Arrays

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 17 02:26:14 CDT 2017

I think that you're getting ahead of yourself. Fixed-size arrays are still useful even if they have to have been demonstrably initialized before you can use dynamic indices with them. A ton of people have already gotten into the habit of writing `int foo[40] = {}` in C.

I would like to encourage you to exercise your sense of priority and figure out the minimum changes that you need to make to the language to get something useful, without blocking avenues for expansion. I think that everyone, especially the people that you would be signing up for a tremendous amount of work with your current direction, will be happier this way.