[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Guard/Catch

Dave DeLong delong at apple.com
Wed Jul 5 13:09:04 CDT 2017

Soroush’s proposal has the idea that maybe we could do multiple blocks for this scenario, like so:

guard try something(), let thing = optionalThing catch {
    // try something() failed
} else {
    // the let-binding failed
}

🤔 Alternatively, what if the “error” captured was optional in this scenario?

guard try something(), let thing = optionalThing catch {
    if let error = error {
        // the try call failed
    } else {
        // the optional binding failed