[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Contextual variables

Dimitri Racordon Dimitri.Racordon at unige.ch
Mon Jul 3 18:13:42 CDT 2017

Actually, Brent’s solution is quite satisfactory.

It is slightly more heavy on the syntax, but I couldn't agree more that changing the language should be about more than mere syntactic sugars. Swift is already quite furnished in that department ;)

Thanks for your time.

Best,
Dimitri

PS: I do think the use case can actually be more common than one could think. This pattern is heavily used in Python, and considered a good practice to avoid global variables.