[swift-evolution] [Update] Updates to SE-0166 and SE-0167

Itai Ferber iferber at apple.com
Fri Jun 23 14:47:39 CDT 2017

Hi swift-evolution,

Over the course of the past few weeks, we’ve been gathering feedback
about the outcome of
[SE-0166](https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0166-swift-archival-serialization.md)
and
[SE-0167](https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0167-swift-encoders.md)
(both internally and externally), and we gathered a collection of
updates that we’re going to introduce to the proposals and to the
implementation.

Attached is rendered HTML (I don’t want to make your mail clients
unusable like last time!) that lays out what we’d like to do. We’re
not looking to do a full review of these changes, but if you have
feedback or questions, we’re happy to get responses here.

Please note that some of these features have already been implemented
(the new error types, some of the optionality changes, collection
conformances, etc.), but we are receptive to comments on all of it. The
existing proposals will also be updated to incorporate these updates.

Thanks for all of your feedback!

— Itai