[swift-evolution] Swift phases and mis-timed proposals

Gor Gyolchanyan gor at gyolchanyan.com
Mon Jun 12 00:46:05 CDT 2017

I have to constantly suppress all ideas (big or small) because I don't want to flood the mailing list with spam.
In the case of factory initializers, it seemed like something a lot of people yearn for (myself included), so pushing for it in the wake of Swift 4 seemed like an appropriate time.
But otherwise, It would be nice to get a more volatile mailing list specifically for out-of-place (and potentially huge, game-changing) ideas.
We would then collectively compose a monthly or quarterly (or whatever) summary of what has been going on in the volatile mailing list for the people with more timely priorities to be able to keep track of (including the core team).