[swift-evolution] [Pitch] #error

Javier Soto javier.api at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 11:45:15 CDT 2017

+1 on adding a compile-time error directive. #error seems like the right
syntax as well.
I had a maybe nit-picky comment about the proposal though. I think the
example may not be ideal, since you could accomplish that compile-time
error by annotating the method or class where that code lives with
@available(tvOS) , no?
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 9:18 AM Will Field-Thompson via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> This is the best I've found for searching the archives:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Flists.swift.org%2Fpipermail%2Fswift-evolution%2F+%22%23error%22
>

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 11:30 AM Daryle Walker via swift-evolution <
> swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> > On Jun 10, 2017, at 2:00 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi.wu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Daryle, there have been several pitches in the past with respect to
>> #error, and very enlightening arguments both for and against the idea have
>> been eloquently written.
>> >
>> > Since you’re resurrecting this idea, could I suggest going back through
>> the archives and linking to and summarizing these arguments, so that we’re
>> not restarting the discussion from scratch? :)
>>
>> Is there somewhere to search the archives?

>> Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
>> darylew AT mac DOT com

Javier Soto