[swift-evolution] Int indexing into UTF16View

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:15:43 CDT 2017

On 08.06.2017 20:32, David Hart via swift-evolution wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When working with Strings which are known to be ASCII, I tend to use the UTF16View for the performance of random access.

About the performance. Do we have a guarantee that 'barcode' declared in code and/or
containing only ASCII chars internally stored as UTF16 ? Otherwise, as I understand,
you'll have a performance penalty calling utf16 when internal storage is in UTF8 for
example, no?

I would also like to have the convenience of indexing with Int: