[swift-evolution] Proposal: Always flatten the single element tuple

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:53:36 CDT 2017

Xiaodi, I'm interested in your opinion, don't you think that *SE-0066* was the main
proposal that separated (Int,Int)->() and ((Int,Int))->() function *types*?
(https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0066-standardize-function-type-syntax.md)

'Proposed solution' section of this proposal clearly separates function *type* of one
tuple argument and of a list of arguments, no?

It seems like this proposal was NOT fully implemented in Swift 3 or was implemented
with bugs, or full implementation was delayed, and it just should be fully
implemented in Swift 4, independent of SE-0110 proposal.

This is why I can't understand, how revisiting of SE-0110 *can help at all* ?

OK, let's say we revisited/rejected SE-0110, let's forgot about it for a moment.
What's next? How the problem with two *separated* types for func/closure should be
solved when one type is expected and other type is provided? Definitely we need new
formal proposal for this to discuss in details.

Again, even *without* SE-0110 type of (Int,Int)->() should be in Swift 4 not the same
as ((Int,Int))->(). This means that you can't "just sent" instance of one type if
other type is required.

Vladimir.