[swift-evolution] Proposal: Always flatten the single element tuple

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Jun 7 07:30:52 CDT 2017

I disagree it almost feels like a revert of SE–0110. If we had more than only:

parentheses
(angle) brackets
braces
A fifth set, that would also look visually fine with tuples. This discussion would not even exist, no matter if the data structure behind the scenes is the same or not. Parameter list should stay as a list of types for a closure, nothing more nothing less (it can be baked as a tuple behind the scenes, but that’s not the main discussion here).

( ❲ Int, Int ❳ ) -> Void

is different from

( Int, Int ) -> Void

--