[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Computed properties as aliases

Charles Srstka cocoadev at charlessoft.com
Thu May 25 21:33:53 CDT 2017

> On May 25, 2017, at 9:26 PM, Hooman Mehr via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> This is common when you are using façade design pattern. You use a façade to flatten and hide the internal composition of a composite object and present it as a single flat object. In some types of projects this comes up rather frequently. Both in client / UI programming and server side / business logic.

You know, what I would like to see instead of this would be a revival of the ‘automatic protocol forwarding’ concept that was pitched here very early on in the swift-evolution process:

https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20151228/004737.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20151228/004737.html>

This would be a much more flexible way to solve the same problem, and could also solve some problems that we used to use methods like forwardingTargetForSelector: for in Objective-C.

Charles