[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0179: Swift `run` Command

Tony Arnold tony at thecocoabots.com
Wed May 17 06:57:49 CDT 2017

> On 17 May 2017, at 20:32, Richard Wei via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Excellent, except that `--chdir` and `--in-dir` are confusing. Why not use a long, clear name, just like `—enable-prefetching`? Consider `—working-dir` & `—preexec-working-dir`

That would be my one bit of feedback as well. The names of these two parameters aren’t descriptive.

My suggestions would be:

--working-directory, -w		Change working directory before any other operation
--run-directory, -r		Change working directory before running the executable

I don’t believe there’s any reason to shorten or truncate the full parameters if you’re going to offer a single-character alias for them.

Otherwise, top proposal! 5 stars, would review again ;)

I’m +1 for SE-0179.

-t

Tony Arnold
+61 411 268 532