[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Swift run Command

Rien Rien at Balancingrock.nl
Mon May 15 03:03:05 CDT 2017

I always wondered why it did not exist already ;-)

However, I am not sure if I like the “auto build” aspect. For example I may have started working on a change, but quickly want to verify the exact old behaviour. Then I want to run the old build again. While this proposal does not make this impossible, it makes it more cumbersome as I now need to remember when to use the old method and the new run command.

Having a build option would make more sense imo, i.e:
$ swift run
Always runs the present build
$ swift run -b
Builds first, then runs the new build.