[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Enumerate from offset

Pavol Vaskovic pali at pali.sk
Fri May 12 15:53:43 CDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> on Sun May 07 2017, Pavol Vaskovic <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> >> Drawback of this approach is that you need to use free function zip,
> > forcing a break in the chain of sequence operations, as there is
> currently
> > no zipped method on Sequence.
> >
> >> If this is the preffered approach, we should consider removing the
> > enumerated() method altogether, because the limited usefullness in its
> > current state hardly justifies the space on API surface it occupies.
>
> That is my preferred outcome.

All right, so if I understand this correctly a SE to remove enumerated wold
be in order.

I see following open questions:
* migration path to using zip + open range (can migrator handle it without
introducing `zipped`?)
* performance impact (does zip + open range perform comparably to
`EnumeratedSequence`?)

Am I forgetting something?

--Pavol