[swift-evolution] Pitch: Omit deprecation warnings for same-file references

Tony Allevato tony.allevato at gmail.com
Fri May 5 17:15:14 CDT 2017

I'm inclined to agree. I'm not opposed outright to that degree of
configurability but at the same time I wonder if the complexity is
needed—it feels like it's getting close to the "fine-tuned auditing" that I
argued against during the discussions about access control.

It could also be done additively later, if a significant amount of people
using the feature found that they did need it.