[swift-evolution] [Proposal][Discussion] Deprecate Tuple Shuffles

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri May 5 01:12:43 CDT 2017

Oh pardon, on the first glance I didn’t realized the issue with that example.

Here is an updated example that would work:

let (first, second: (x, y)): (first: Int, second: (x: Int, y: Int)) = tuple
This should work right? It’s assigning the inner tuple to second while also creating two additional constants from the inner tuple. I know this is redundant and can be used as second.x, but this should work like right, because it’s nested tuple destructuring? If we’d use var instead of let then x would contain the value assigned from the inner tuple, but it would be completely independent from the new second tuple variable.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail