[swift-evolution] [Proposal][Discussion] Deprecate Tuple Shuffles

Tony Arnold tony at thecocoabots.com
Thu May 4 21:35:23 CDT 2017

> On 5 May 2017, at 12:27, Félix Cloutier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Why?

Not trying to be smart, but the reasoning is in Robert’s proposal:

>> Their inclusion in the language complicates every part of the compiler stack, uses a syntax that can be confused for type annotations (https://twitter.com/CodaFi_/status/860246169854894081), contradicts the goals of earlier SE's (see SE-0060), and makes non-sensical patterns possible in surprising places.

Robert, maybe you could include some detail about how this feature is complicating the compiler stack, and what will be improved by it’s removal?

====

That being said, I’m all for you guys making your lives easier at the cost of something we shouldn’t be using in the first place…

Tony

Tony Arnold
+61 411 268 532
http://thecocoabots.com/