[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Enumerate from offset

jaden.geller at gmail.com jaden.geller at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:15:59 CDT 2017

It's been suggested by a core team member that enumerated itself might not hold its weight in the standard library. Instead, we ought to write `zip(foo.indices, foo)` or `zip(0..., foo)`. It's easier for the caller to see which side of the tuple stores the index and whether the index is an integer or an actual index type. This use case seems to further support this design since `zip(x…, foo)` and `zip(foo.indicies.drop(x), foo)` can be easily written.