[swift-evolution] [Draft] Package Manager Revised Dependency Resolution

Rick Ballard rballard at apple.com
Wed Apr 26 19:25:46 CDT 2017

Hi all,

We have a proposal we'd like feedback on to revise how Swift Package Manager dependency resolution, updating, and pinning works. These changes weren't planned in the roadmap we published a few months ago, but it's become clear since then that we have some holes in our dependency resolution behavior that need fixing. We've also come to the conclusion that our original design for pinning was overcomplicated and should be revised.

Please give us your feedback; we're hoping to submit this proposal for official review next week.

The current draft of the proposal can be found at https://github.com/rballard/swift-evolution/commit/e5e7ce76f29c855aa7162ed3733b09e701d662d6. I'm also including it below.

Thanks,

	- Rick

Package Manager Revised Dependency Resolution

Proposal: SE-NNNN <https://github.com/rballard/swift-evolution/blob/e5e7ce76f29c855aa7162ed3733b09e701d662d6/proposals/NNNN-package-manager-revised-dependency-resolution.md>