[swift-evolution] [Accepted] SE-0166: Swift Archival & Serialization

Anders Ha hello at andersio.co
Tue Apr 25 20:30:22 CDT 2017

> On 26 Apr 2017, at 9:11 AM, Riley Testut via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I’m sure this has already been discussed, but why are the methods throwing NSErrors and not Enums? If I’m remembering correctly, the original reason for this was because this was meant to be a part of Foundation. Now that this is in the Standard Library, however, it seems strange that we’re still using NSError.

Apparently the proposal is not updated yet. `EncodingError` and `DecodingError` enums were said to be added as part of the move to the Standard Library.
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20170417/036001.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20170417/036001.html>

Regards,
Anders