[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Nested extensions

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sun Apr 16 01:03:53 CDT 2017

> The current rules in SE-0025 state that the access modifier in front of the extension states both the default and the maximum allowed visibility. This is what I was trying to change.
Oh dear!
But afaics, SE-0025 is not to blame for all those complications, and many problems have a different origin… did you encounter any serious counter arguments to reduce the rules for access modifiers on extensions to "it sets the default for all entities contained in the extension"?
I think I'll do a PR despite those issues — changing the rules to allow nesting wasn't accepted, but maybe introduce nesting to change the rules works out ;-)