[swift-evolution] [pitch] One-sided Ranges

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Thu Apr 13 13:18:18 CDT 2017

> On Apr 12, 2017, at 20:31, Félix Cloutier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I don't have a strong opinion; are we sure enough that this is what we want the postfix operator … to be for? For instance, C++ uses it a lot with variadic templates.

I don't think the two usages conflict... maybe later if "literal values as generic parameters" and "variadic generic parameters" get added, there might be a problem involving variadic literal one-sided ranges, but otherwise we should be good on that front... I think...

I should probably learn more about how C++ templates have changed since they were first introduced.

- Dave Sweeris