[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Remove type-inference for stored property

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 02:33:26 CDT 2017

We currently pay a dear cost in compilation time for all the features Swift brings and this in itself harm productivity quite a bit, the gulf between Swift and Objective-C projects compile time wise is massive and right nowt seems like we are ignoring it sometimes. Type inference can be a non trivial component of that and while it is a wow factor feature initially, it has never been clear as a practical big win when code being self documenting and easy to debug and maintain is concerned...

Sent from my iPhone