[swift-evolution] Enhancing access levels without breaking changes

Tony Arnold tony at thecocoabots.com
Sun Apr 9 21:20:44 CDT 2017

Hi Tino,

> On 8 Apr 2017, at 22:03, Tino Heth via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I wish this would only be a joke, but writing the example, I actually started liking the concept (but I have a terrible headache right now which might affect my mind) — so either this receives some feedback, or I might start re-proposing this ;-)

I’m not sure that this solves anything meaningful (whether in relation to SE-0169 or more generally), does it? What advantage does this provide over just declaring the protocol conformance and those methods as a direct part of the parent type? This seems like it would just introduce more indentation, and more lines of code, for zero benefit.

cheers,

Tony

Tony Arnold
+61 411 268 532