[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0168: Multi-Line String Literals

Daniel Duan daniel at duan.org
Thu Apr 6 15:53:38 CDT 2017

> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?
I support the initiative. But I have the question as Greg and Tony: how would one write “”” in side the literal?

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Yes.
> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Yes.
> 	• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
I like stealing from Python.

I particularly like the whitespace striping algorithm. In Python, multiline literal is often awkward because the literal gets mixed up with whitespaces from indentation, when programmer adjust for that, the body of the literal breaks the indentation and looks jarring.

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
A quick read.