[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0168: Multi-Line String Literals

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Thu Apr 6 15:09:07 CDT 2017

> 	• What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Strong +1. Of all the ideas and proposals for multi-line string literals, this version is my favourite. Supporting copy/pasting and easy editing of multi-line strings is so important that I’m very happy the continuation quotes idea for dismissed.

> 	• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Oh yes!

> 	• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

It does for me.

> 	• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

It compares favourably.

> 	• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

Followed most discussions about multi-line strings.