[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0164: Remove final support in protocol extensions

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Thu Apr 6 13:51:28 CDT 2017

[Proposal: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0164-remove-final-support-in-protocol-extensions.md <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0164-remove-final-support-in-protocol-extensions.md>]

+1 from me, for all the reasons in the proposal. 'final' doesn't mean anything in protocol extensions right now—it is literally ignored—so regardless of the actual justified confusion around extension members that satisfy requirements and those that don't, we should go forward with removing 'final'.

Jordan