[swift-evolution] [Review #2] SE-0161: Smart KeyPaths: Better Key-Value Coding for Swift

Ricardo Parada rparada at mac.com
Thu Apr 6 12:28:09 CDT 2017

Do you think in the future it might be possible to convert to strings?

For example, I am imagining a CoreData-like framework on the server (where there is no Objective-C), where I would like to get the type of the root object and keys forming the path.  That way I can go to an object model, get the corresponding entity, and traversed relationships, and destination attribute.  All that information (table name, table joins for the relationships traversed, column names, etc.) would then be used to construct the SQL.