[swift-evolution] [Review #2] SE-0161: Smart KeyPaths: Better Key-Value Coding for Swift

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Thu Apr 6 11:19:20 CDT 2017

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 8:13 AM, Ricardo Parada via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I agree, there's an analogy between strings and key paths, and in that regards the single quote would make sense.  I would not complain.

The only analogy between strings and key-paths is that the existing Cocoa APIs for key-paths use strings. That’s not an analogy to hang language syntax on, because it’s relevance will fade quickly.

The core team discussed single quotes, and decided that we want to save them for something in the string/character realm.

	- Doug