[swift-evolution] [Returned for revision] SE-0161: Smart KeyPaths: Better Key-Value Coding for Swift

Patrick Smith pgwsmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:16:18 CDT 2017

I too find the backslash odd, as it’s usually of course used to escape
something.

What about three periods?

let firstFriendsNameKeyPath = Person...friends[0].name
print(luke[keyPath: ...friends[0].name])

I also find wanting to use the same syntax for unapplied methods strange,
as they would product two totally different things: one a key path value,
the other a function.

Patrick