[swift-evolution] [Review #2] SE-0160: Limiting @objc inference

Víctor Pimentel Rodríguez vpimentel at tuenti.com
Tue Apr 4 14:31:33 CDT 2017

Sorry to be late :/

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

More positive than the first one, but still some rough edges.

One concern that I still have is that if we use @objcMembers, @nonobjc
methods/properties are going to be even trickier to find.

If such modifier existed, I would like the compiler to warn me of public
methods/properties that cannot be bridged to ObjC, because I have
explicitly told the compiler that I want this object to live in the ObjC
runtime. Of course, with a fixit recommending something like explicitly
using @nonobjc.

* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
> Swift?

Yes.

> * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes, I think.

* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
> or an in-depth study?

In-depth study of the previous version and this new one too.

--

Víctor Pimentel