[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0162 Package Manager Custom Target Layouts
rballard at apple.com
Tue Apr 4 12:09:20 CDT 2017
Hello Swift community,
The review of "SE-0162 Package Manager Custom Target Layouts" begins now and runs through April 10, 2017. The proposal is available here:
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All Swift Package Manager reviews should be sent to the swift-evolution and swift-build-dev mailing lists at
or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review manager. When replying, please try to keep the proposal link at the top of the message:
> Proposal link:
> Reply text
>> Other replies
What goes into a review?
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to the Swift Package Manager?
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
* If you have used other languages, libraries, or package managers with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
More information about the Swift evolution process is available at
- Rick Ballard
More information about the swift-evolution