[swift-evolution] multi-line string literals.

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Mon Apr 3 09:40:56 CDT 2017

What I was trying to say is that by automatically adding a new line character does not provide any benefit except of being lazy to type \n.

// In your model this would be equivalent
let s1 = "\n\n\n"
let s2 = """
    " // However in my model this is an empty string and should be banned
    "
    """ // That's also an empty string, but it that case it indicates the end of the multi lined string
I dislike the tradeoff of precision for laziness.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail