[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Allow closures/default params to satisfy protocol requirements

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Mon Mar 27 15:48:57 CDT 2017

I really like the roadmap the core team has come up with. The only critic I personally would have is the need of the comma in var op(lhs:,rhs:) : (Int, Int) -> Int. To me it would be consistent enough with selectors if there wasn’t any comma var op(lhs:rhs:) : (Int, Int) -> Int.

I have a few questions about pitch #1.

Assuming we’ll get that functionality, both var and let should satisfy the protocol requirements right?

Will this example be valid?

@objc protocol P : class {
    @objc optional func foo()
}

class A : NSObject, P {
    var foo: (() -> Void)? = nil
}

A.init().foo?()
If it is valid, could we potentially get optional functions in pure Swift as well?

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail