[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0159: Fix Private Access Levels

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:47:35 CDT 2017

As Chris has said in the past, the core team is willing to endure a
substantial amount of implementation pain to present a superior experience
for the end user. In any case, I expect that the work needed to roll back
SE-0025 in the core libraries will likely be comparable if not less than
the remaining ongoing work needed in the compiler to make SE-0025 work
fully. Certainly, hundreds of hours would not be required to roll back
corelibs-foundation alone. The exact effort required is knowable, too, as
one can fork and migrate all uses of private to fileprivate right now and
see how long it takes.