[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Localized Swift Frameworks

Jeff Kelley slaunchaman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 13:33:15 CDT 2017

I think one of the easiest ways to do it would be to ensure that the actual .swift files are all using the root language of the framework—akin to the development region of an app. Using metadata the IDE would dynamically substitute the localized names, but the underlying file would use the canonical values. Trying to store the localized code in the files makes using version control across language borders impossible.

Jeff Kelley

SlaunchaMan at gmail.com | @SlaunchaMan <https://twitter.com/SlaunchaMan> | jeffkelley.org <http://jeffkelley.org/>