[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0159: Fix Private Access Levels

Zach Waldowski zach at waldowski.me
Fri Mar 24 07:23:05 CDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017, at 05:59 AM, Jonathan Hull via swift-evolution wrote:
> **This is not something that will go away simply by learning the
> behavior.  It will continue to be a rough spot in the language that
> causes discomfort until the underlying design issue is fixed.**

I want to keep repeating this statement from Jonathan until someone
actually pays attention to it. The impedance mismatch between the access
levels is not simply programmer flavor. It  taints the basic nature of
learning Swift, and learning those different styles.

I want to be open to other programming styles, and would be interested
in using the one that so desperately "needs" scope private as people on
this thread claim. Except I'm turned off it immediately by having to
accommodate this jagged, ugly, bleeding edge of the language.

Best,

  Zachary Waldowski

  zach at waldowski.me