[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0159: Fix Private Access Levels

Drew Crawford drew at sealedabstract.com
Fri Mar 24 00:04:33 CDT 2017

Or, since many designs for submodules are possible... confident that there will be a good design for submodules
We lack any real information on what Swift designs are possible.  We can look to other languages for inspiration but they cannot be transplanted wholesale into Swift from a technical, practical, or cultural perspective.  Rust isn't Swift.

Given, as some have said above, many different submodule designs are possible whatever the number of access levels, I would expect that we would not revisit this topic again for the foreseeable future, whatever the decision is.
I think it would be appropriate to revisit this if we have new information.  You have previously argued that there is substantial new information which you present as a rationale to revisit it now.  I don't accept the premise, but I do accept the argument: if the circumstances change it's appropriate to take another look.