[swift-evolution] Smart KeyPaths

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Wed Mar 22 10:47:33 CDT 2017

# makes a lot more sense than @ as a sigil.  It follows from #selector and #keyPath.  These are the most similar language features right now where the compiler produces special values.  I think it’s also worth noticing that values produced by #selector and #keyPath are used in normal ways.  There is no magic syntax for their use, just a typed value.  If we’re going to make a change we should use # instead of `.` for accessing these special values but we should stick with subscript for use.