[swift-evolution] Smart KeyPaths

BJ Homer bjhomer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:04:40 CDT 2017

So then this would be disambiguated like this?

let staticValue = Foo.bar // Defaults to accessing the static value, when there is ambiguity

let value:   Bar                       = Foo.bar
let keyPath: WritableKeyPath<Foo, Bar> = Foo.bar

It’s a little unfortunately to have to spell out WritableKeyPath<Foo, Bar> there, but as long as there’s some way to do it, I don’t think it’s a problem. This is likely a rare edge case.

-BJ Homer