[swift-evolution] Code blocks and trailing closures

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Wed Mar 15 07:14:25 CDT 2017

I still don’t see your point there. In general you won’t look at parts of parts of a code. Instead you’ll take a chunk that is valid and not ambiguous from the readers perspective. Beginners will bump into that issue, because it’s simply meant to be. Everyone has to lean the difference between break, continue and return in guarded statements and loops. We already have labels to exit specific nested loops. Maybe that is also the way return could go?

Something like:

func foo() -> Int {

label:

    [1,2,3,4,5, …].forEach {

        // Do something
        // If certain condition is met abort and return from the parent scope
        return(label) 42
    }

    return 0

Adrian Zubarev