[swift-evolution] Swift null safety questions

Kenny Leung kenny_leung at pobox.com
Sun Mar 12 23:59:37 CDT 2017

For my own part, I never want to use “!” in my code, and I’m sticking to it pretty well.

It has been said many times that we don’t want to create different dialects of Swift, and I agree. Would it be considered a different dialect to add a compiler option that forbids the use of “!” in my own code? So someone else looking at or compiling my code, they could not tell that I used such an option, so I think it fits within the definition of non-dialectedness.

-Kenny